Safire Release Note - Release 4
Release Date: April 2020
Software Version: 2.0.1
Last Revised: April 30, 2020
Welcome to April 2020 Safire Release 4. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- New UI and New User Experience
- Dashboard streamlined to three sections: Testing, Test progress, and Analysis.
- An always-on navigation side bar helps the user quickly navigate between pages.
- Section Testing contains features related to making tests: test cases, traffic profiles, and firewalls under test.
- Section Analysis contains features related to downloading test reports, open reports in the browser, doing result and data analysis.
- Firewall Under Test as an Object
- Tired of configuring a firewall under test every time when creating a test case? Now Safire introduces Section Firewalls Under Test for the user to view, create, configure and save firewalls under test in the database.
- The user can select a firewall under test from a drop-down list when creating a test case, which greatly speed up and test case configuration process.
- New Way of Configuring Test Cases
- Tired of configuring a test case with the wizard? Safire has simplified how the user creates a test case, with only 3 steps on a single page.
- Step 1, choose a network topology.
- Step 2, select a firewall under test from a drop-down list. If you cannot find a firewall under test, just create one on the fly. The user experience is guaranteed supreme.
- Step 3, configure testbed environment where interface IP addresses, port speed, VLAN. The diagram is straightforward and clear for the user to correctly connect the test ports on Safire to the physical firewall.
- Full Support of Firewall's SSL Inbound Decryption Testing
- SSL inbound decryption testing requires the user to import application SSL certificates and keys to the firewall. To support firewalls that have strict requirement on SSL import, the SSL certificates used by Safire's application library are signed by self-signed CAs, and private keys are protected by passphrase.
- This feature allows the user to export Safire application certificates and keys and import them to all firewall for SSL inbound decryption policies.
- Seamless Chassis Backup and Restoration
- Chassis restoration from backup allows the user to seamlessly restore from a chassis backup with no worries about version compatibility, as if the user has a time machine.
- Application library updated with the following new applications:
- Amazon Prime video website access
- Amazon Prime video stream emulation
- HTTP Persistent with response sizes of 1KB, 2.5KB, 5KB, 10KB, and 20KB
- Fixed the bug in the algorithm of finding the firewall performance saturation point.