Safire Release Note - Release 1
Release Date: July 2019
Software Version: 1.0.0
Last Revised: July 26, 2019
Welcome to July 2019 Safire Release 1. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Application library is expanded to include more applications traffic for traffic profile building.
- Source NAT (Network Address Translation) support added for security perimeter firewall protecting
enterprise network internal IP addresses. Source NAT is typically used by internal users to access the
internet; the source address is translated and thereby kept private.
- License management panel is added to allow you to view and update your Safire licenses.
- Chassis configuration backup and restoration makes it easy for you to resume your testing work on any Safire chassis.
- Connectivity test and performance test are decoupled. Once the connectivity test is successful, the Run Test button will turn green. If you run your test again with a green button, Safire will skip the
connectivity test and directly start the performance test.
- Safire's 1/10G Test ports are configured into auto speed mode when they lose connection signal. This will allow you to test firewalls that have only 1G ports.
- Comment example is added to the support archive page.