In this example, you will learn how to manage your Safire chassis, including chassis IP address management, software update, identity and access management, support archive generation, and color theme.
Click the settings icon and then click SETTINGS. This will direct you to the Settings page.
Click button SETTINGS
Chassis IP Address Management
Use Settings > System > Management Interface to change the chassis IP address by entering IPv4 address, IPv4 subnet mask, and IPv4 gateway, and then click SAVE. Safire will change the management interface IP on the fly and redirect you to the corresponding URL.
Change chassis IP address
Download the .ximg file you need. The filename should start with safire- followed by the version number, e.g. safire-v1.0.1.ximg. This is the only image file you need for updating your Safire chassis. Then just follow the steps below to update your chassis:
- Log on to your Safire with admin role. (Only users with admin role have access to chassis management)
- Go to Settings > Software Update.
- Drag and drop the .ximg file into the box, or you can click the button Add .ximg and select the image file.
Drag and drop your Safire image file here to update the software
- Uploading starts automatically, wait for the progress bar to complete.
- After uploading, verification starts automatically, wait for the progress bar to complete.
- You will see the meta information of the .ximg file: check if the version number is the one you want to update to. If yes, click RUN UPDATE.
- Safire will update automatically and reboot afterward.
Identity and Access Management
Go to Settings > IAM > Identity and Access Management and click CREATE NEW USER.
Click CREATE NEW USER to create a new Safire user
Safire supports three different roles with different authorization levels, as illustrated by the table below:
Table: Safire user role authorization levels
Go to Settings > License > License Management to update and view your licenses.
Upload your license file to the chassis by clicking SELECT LICENSE FILE.
SELECT LICENSE FILE to upload a license file
Generate Support Archive
Go to Settings > Support Archive, add your comment and click DOWNLOAD SUPPORT ARCHIVE.
Write problem description and click DOWNLOAD SUPPORT ARCHIVE
Chassis Backup and Restoration
To back up chassis configuration, go to Settings > System > Reset and Restore, and click DOWNLOAD BACKUP. The backup file contains test case configurations, test results, and traffic profile configurations.
You can restore your test cases, test results, and traffic profiles by clicking RESTORE FROM BACKUP FILE and uploading the backup file.
To reset the chassis back to factory default, click REST TO FACTORY DEFAULT.
Chassis backup and restoration