Vulcan consists of two hardware platforms: the VulcanBay and the VulcanCompact (they replace the XenaScale and XenaAppliance).
These units come complete with perpetual performance licenses. They also include one year free software upgrades and hardware warranty. After that, you can extend coverage as described in the section Vulcan Warranty & SW Maintenance Value Pack.
- There are 4 hardware versions of the VulcanBay. Each supports different combinations of port and speed:
- 12 x 1/2.5/5/10G RJ45 L4-7 Test Ports
- 12 x 1/10/25G Optic L4-7 Test Ports
- 2 x 40G and 8 x 1/10/25G L4-7 Test Ports
- 6 x 2.5/5/10 Copper ports and 6 x 25G Optical ports
All VulcanBay chassis have 28 Packet Engines, which customer can freely assign to ports to achieve the desire performance.
- You can chose between 4 types of speed license (for 1GE, 10GE, 25GE & 40GE). There is also a special license for enabling TLS traffic generation.
How it Works:
You first choose which VulcanBay version you want (1), and then you buy licenses to activate the speed (2) you need:
(1) HARDWARE + (2) SPEED LICENSE + (optional) TLS traffic license