How to configure the value over 63 bytes of IFG in ValkyrieManager
IFG: The Inter-Frame Gap compared to the previous packet.
- Set to 20 -> 12B (Minimum allowed by Ethernet at 100% load) +8B Preamble - can be set to 16B to achieve >100% load for port pressure testing
* Values range between 16B-20B
The min IFG can be modified using Port → Resource Properties → Layer 1 Control:
The value can be set from 16 to 63.
The IFG value can be set over 63 by modifying the rate of the Tx streams.
- You should set the Tx mode into Strict Uniform, which means all the IFG of the TX packets will be the same. Use Stream → Resource Properties → Traffic control → Port TX Mode.
- Then, you can modify the rate of the stream to set the IFG value. You can caculate the Packets Rate with this formula: PPS = Port Speed / [8 * (packet size + IFG )]
- For example, to set the value of IFG to 300 bytes with packets length of 64 bytes: 343406=10^9/[8*(64+300)]